Thursday, January 8, 2015

Change



Over this winter break I was out of town for the majority of it. I could not take any pictures of Grosse Pointe. I have discovered how hard it is to focus on just taking pictures of just Grosse Pointe. I have sort of run out of ideas or my ideas would not look right in the winter. It doesn't look right in the winter because the lighting always makes thing that are supposed to be happy. I feel like this topic is to restricting for what I would like to do. I am thinking about broadening my project. I am in a photo class now and I am thinking of putting together a photo portfolio of any photo I take this year. We have done tons of cool projects or styles of photography that do not fit the idea of Grosse Pointe but they are still cool photos. I feel like if i open my project to trying to use different techniques and taking pictures of what I feel like expressing is a better use of this project. Here are a few examples of photos that I have taken that more suit my styles.


I took this shot at a dam near my cottage that I went to over break. I shot more from the ground to get more of an angle looking up towards the sky.


This is a picture part of a view we see from the back yard of my cottage. Different lake from the one before, but only about 10 minutes away. We would sit on the swing and watch the sun set. It was a little too cold for that this break though.


This is the dam. It look very broken down, because it is. Hillman, the town where my cottage is, is very small and in my opinion old and very colonial kind of. I like this picture because when you think of a dam you think of the Hoover Dam. When I first saw this it was kind of a let down, but the lighting was just perfect to catch the beauty in it and also the dark broken down feel from it.


This is also another view from my cottage on the lake. I think this shot is great because you can sort of picture your self there. You do not feel how cold it actually was, but you can picture standing there watching the sun drop behind the horizon. How the sun lights up the sky in a different way at night time.


No comments:

Post a Comment